According to historical research, vinegar was discovered around 5000 BC when unattended grape juice turned into wine and then vinegar. It was initially used as a food preservative, but people have afterward discovered its plethora of medicinal properties.
Hippocrates used it to cure wounds, while in the 18th century, it was used as a natural remedy for diabetes, stomach aches, croup, poison ivy, and more.
Vinegar, which means “sour wine” in French, is made through a long fermentation process of virtually any carbohydrate that can be fermented, like apples, grapes, dates, coconut, potatoes, and beets.
The end product is high in bioactive components such as acetic acid, gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin, and caffeic acid, and has potent antioxidant, antimicrobial, and other medicinal properties.
If the vinegar is of the highest quality, unfiltered and unprocessed, it contains the “mother”, a cobweb-like amino acid-based substance at the bottom.
Apple cider vinegar is highly versatile, and can be used in countless ways in the household, garden, for health purposes, and much more.
Here are some of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar if you take it every day for 2 months:
– The antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar soothe a sore throat.
– The consumption of a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar daily will restore the adequate levels of acid in the stomach and prevent acid reflux and intestinal spasms.
– It has anti-glycemic effects and positively affects blood sugar by preventing the complete digestion of complex carbohydrates, by speeding up gastric emptying or increasing the uptake of glucose.
– Apple cider vinegar treats various skin ailments, from bug bites to poison ivy to sunburn.
– Its topical application will help you eliminate warts, due to the presence of acetic acid.
– It improves heart health, as the polyphenols it contains inhibit oxidation of LDL and prevents cardiovascular diseases. Also, studies have shown that it decreases triglyceride levels and VLDL levels (the damaging form of cholesterol) in animals.
– Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium, so it energizes the body and treats fatigue
– Vinegar has potent anti-obesity effects by creating a feeling of satiety and reducing the total amount of calories consumed.
– It breaks up and reduces mucus in the body, treating sinus congestion and preventing infections.
Apple cider vinegar is highly useful in the bathroom cabinet as well:
– Soak a cotton ball in diluted apple cider vinegar and use it to cleanse the face and treat acne
– Rinse the hair with a solution made of one-third cup of vinegar mixed with four cups of water to balance the pH levels of the scalp and eliminate any product residue, or spray it on the scalp to treat dandruff
– Wipe the feet down with vinegar to get rid of bad smell and bacteria
– Dab a bit of apple cider vinegar under the arms to eliminate bad odor and bacteria
-To whiten your teeth and eliminate bad breath, gargle with diluted vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be used in various ways in the household and around the house, as follows:
– It is a potent natural cleaning agent, as it has potent antimicrobial properties, due to the numerous antimicrobial organic acids, including acetic, citric, malic, propionic, succinic, lactic, ascorbic, and tartaric acids.
– It will help you neutralize all bad odors in the home
– You can make a vinegar-based herbicide at home and use it to destroy weeds. Just mix a gallon of 10 percent (100 grain) vinegar, 1a tablespoon of molasses, orange oil, and a teaspoon of your liquid soap or another surfactant.
– To rinse the fruits and vegetables and eliminate any bacteria or pesticides, try a solution of 10 percent vinegar to 90 percent water, leave them to soak well, and rinse them
When it comes to cooking, apple cider vinegar can be used in multiple creative ways. Add it to sauces and marinades, smoothies, salad dressings, and baked goods. It is excellent in homemade bone broths and fish dishes, as well as cooked greens.
We recommend trying the following apple cider vinegar drink at home, as it is sugar-free, highly refreshing, and will boost your immune system, suppress appetite, and stabilize your blood sugar levels.
Apple cider vinegar drink- Recipe
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (organic, unfiltered, that contains the “mother”)
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 1/2 cups soda water
All you have to do is to mix the ingredients in a glass, add ice and enjoy it!
In order to protect the enamel of the teeth, it is recommended to use a straw while drinking it. If you have troubles getting used to its taste at first, you can add a 1/4 cup of cran-raspberry juice to it to enrich the taste.
Note that you can use distilled white vinegar for laundry and cleaning, but choose the unprocessed, organic variety, that contains the “mother” for health purposes.
To help you pick the best quality, organic, raw and unfiltered ACV, we will distinguish the following varieties:
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
This means that the apple cider vinegar does not contain any genetically modified organisms and synthetic additives that can actually do more harm than good in terms of your health.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw apple cider vinegar is unheated and unprocessed variety, which has preserved the “mother” intact and contains a cluster of proteins, enzymes and beneficial bacteria which are otherwise removed during processing.
Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
You should choose unfiltered apple cider vinegar for most apple cider vinegar uses, as the process of filtration eliminates the mother as well as any sediment, leaving behind a clear, amber vinegar.
Yet, you should always use it in moderation, to prevent low potassium levels, and consult your physician before you start using it if you take diabetes and heart disease medicines, as well as diuretics and laxatives.
We have an affiliate program designed for content creators and Affiliate marketers, who would like to sell this product, please click here for affiliate program details. Our affiliate program is designed to help you monetize your screen time.